PRIZES & AWARDS
The 7 Virtual Jazz Club is proud to announce the 4th annual Global Online Contest for Jazz Musicians. The competition is open to jazz students, amateur or professional jazz groups, vocalists and soloists of all ages from around the world. See Terms and Conditions.
1. Establish a permanent network platform for discussion and performance for jazz musicians from all over the world;
2. Bring jazz music to new audiences through 21st century media;
3. Feature new jazz artists;
4. Give jazz musicians the opportunity to have their music evaluated by a judging panel of international jazz industry experts.
The international judging panel
Video entries will be seen by jazz industry experts comprised of musicians, teachers, music critics and organizers of jazz events and festivals.
How the Contest works:
The video entries will be divided into randomly selected groups. Each group will be assigned to three members of the international judging panel whom will score the video with these criteria:
- improvisational quality;
- interplay between the musicians (for group performances).
The top-graded 70 videos will make it through the next round and will be presented "live" on the 7 Virtual Jazz Club platform.
2. Jury Prize to the best musician (Pros and Amateurs' category)
Each judge will watch the 10 best videos (the best two videos of each group of judges) and will rank them. The winner will be decided. The cash prize will be awarded to the winner (2000 Euros). The winner (soloist or band) will have the possibility to play in the most important italian jazz club: Jazz Club Ferrara.
3. Live performance and Web Community Prize
The best 70 videos will be posted in the 7 rooms of the 7 Virtual Jazz Club (10 videos per room). The video performances will remain visible for 30 days along. The web community will then have the opportunity to score the videos on YouTube, by liking or unliking the videos. Each voter may rate a video only once. By the end of this round, the web community prize (500 Euros) will be assigned to the performance that got the highest vote during the live section.
The musician who wins the Web Community Prize will directly access the final.
4. Jury Prize for the best Under 25 Student
The top-graded 10 jazz students' videos (under 25) will be presented "live" on the 7 Virtual Jazz Club platform. Each judge will rank them and the winner will be decided. The cash prize will be awarded to the winner (700 Euros).
5. Prize offered by JazzMedia & More for the best Under 25 Student
Contract proposal for one year which includes: booking, media work, promotion. The contract is not exclusive, the winner can also work with other agencies and agents at the same time.
6. Prize offered by Taklit Publishing & Production for one or more derserving young students
An opportunity to meet with Taklit Publishing & Production, present a personal project, for consideration, and benefit from professional guidance for future career development.
November 15th, 2019